Piano Camp Models
Are you wondering how long your piano camp should be?
Three, four or five days a week?
How many hours per day?
Will it include lunch or just snacks?
Three models that I have used over the years.
Keep in mind that these plans have taken place in a small piano studio (50 students or less)
Once a Week
- 1 hour per day/8 weeks.
- fits nicely into months of June and July.
- preferred by parents who want a weekly schedule.
- your planning can be spread through the weeks.
Four Days a Week
- 3 hours per day/1 week.
- allows enough time for many activities.
- students bring their own lunch.
- easy to include practice for a final performance.
- at the end of the week – you’re done!
Five Days a Week
- 2 hours/1 week.
- no need to worry about lunch, maybe just a light snack.
- with a healthy mix of fun and work students are ready to come back every day
- shorter days, longer week
- invites students to be ok with missing one day.